std.bitarray examples

Dee Girl deegirl at noreply.com
Sat May 10 10:07:33 PDT 2008

Janice Caron Wrote:

> On 10/05/2008, Me Here <p9e883002 at sneakemail.com> wrote:
> > Yes. But the string library does not.
>
> Yet. It's in-progress.
>
> >  Is your memory really this bad?
>
> Please don't get personal. You get personal; I add you to my email
> filter and I don't see your posts any more. It's that simple.
>
> Your choices would seem to be:
> (1) wait until Phobos adds in-place string functions
> (2) write your own in-place string functions
> (3) write your own bitfields class
>
> Since I already did (3) for you a few posts up, you have a head start
> on one of the options.

It is good news that std.string is changing. I read it now and it seems many functions want string but they could work with const(char) and char[]. These functions should take the superclass of all three const(char)[].

How does D2 solve the problem of passing the same qualifier to the return as it is in the parameter? In the Javari language there is a keyword romaybe. Thank you, Dee Girl