std.bitarray examples

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Sat May 10 10:12:59 PDT 2008

== Quote from Dee Girl (deegirl at noreply.com)'s article
> Janice Caron Wrote:
> > On 10/05/2008, Me Here <p9e883002 at sneakemail.com> wrote:
> > > Yes. But the string library does not.
> >
> > Yet. It's in-progress.
> >
> > >  Is your memory really this bad?
> >
> > Please don't get personal. You get personal; I add you to my email
> > filter and I don't see your posts any more. It's that simple.
> >
> > Your choices would seem to be:
> > (1) wait until Phobos adds in-place string functions
> > (2) write your own in-place string functions
> > (3) write your own bitfields class
> >
> > Since I already did (3) for you a few posts up, you have a head start
> > on one of the options.
> It is good news that std.string is changing. I read it now and it seems many functions want string but
they could work with const(char) and char[]. These functions should take the superclass of all three
const(char)[].

There have been objections to this in the past.  I'll let someone else outline
them.

> How does D2 solve the problem of passing the same qualifier to the return as it is in the parameter?
In the Javari language there is a keyword romaybe. Thank you, Dee Girl

There is a "scoped const" proposal aimed at solving this problem, but so far
as I know it isn't going to be added to the language.

Sean