Hello D World

Fawzi Mohamed fmohamed at mac.com
Sat May 10 11:02:54 PDT 2008

I use D1.0 dsss and tango + tangobos, and I am happy with it.
I found some bugs both phobos and tango (and tangobos, but there it is
also my fault as I did the port to gdc :).
Anyway on tango there was a quick feedback, the bugs got fixed (or are
on they way, and I have a workaround).
Also tango seems faster and with more functionality, and is well
documented, so I stick with tango.

I find D 2.0 very interesting and nice and I want to play with it, but
I have forced myself to first finish something serious with D, before
loosing an unknown amount of time playing with D 2.0.

I should say that the platforms I care about are Macintosh and Linux
x86_64, on which dmd does not work, so when I say phobos I mean gdc
phobos, and likewise the 2.0 in gdc is slightly older than dmd's, so
your mileage might vary.

Fawzi