Hello D World

lurker lurker at lurker.com
Sat May 10 12:56:55 PDT 2008

i am working with/for dicom and a database, whose odbc i adopted from "http://www.britseyeview.com/D" and i am all happy with that. walter fixes bugs fast, brings new additions etc. (i am checking every day and hope to find new goodies). i also use dfl, freeimage, dcollections... and the community helps a deal for which i am very greatful.
I also find some bugs and try to work around them - BUT i think it is wrong to reduce everything to tango or phobos, it seems to have become be a death or live discussion. I like the small approach, do not (unfortunately) work with linux or macintosh and grab all the stuff that is around to port it to D2.
I do not have the the requirement to to be the fasted racer of them all - i don’t even check. Is it important to be a couple milliseconds faster than everybody else??? No it is usability and reliability! For now that works fine for me.
I wished tango and phobos would merge - not via tangophobos, since it can be a good idea to split people with a library for the bad of a language. A new book might be written than too - and i hope somebody will erase bob’s message with the link.

shoot - english is so hard, please bear with me as a D2 fan and a beginning programmer.