Safer casts

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sun May 11 05:10:24 PDT 2008

Janice Caron wrote:

>>  This is why C++ is adding the
>>  notion of concepts (which facilitate compile time OOP)
>
> So is D. Shall we take bets on which language gets them first, or in
> which language they will be most powerful?

Is it?  If so that's great.  Last comment I recall from Walter on the
subject was that he believed D already had something as good as
concepts.  I can't recall what it was exactly -- IIRC he said something
like D doesn't need concepts because it has "static if".  I can't seem
to find the thread where he said that, though.

--bb