Dynamic arrays in D 1.0

Sun May 11 13:54:47 PDT 2008

Edward Diener wrote:
> Janice Caron wrote:
>>> Furthermore in D 1.0 a char[], a dynamic array of characters, is the
>>> equivalent of the C++ std::string. In the C++ std::string class there
>>> is a
>>> rich set of functionality for manipulating the char elements in the
>>> string,
>>> for finding particular elements in the string, and for comparing the
>>> character elements in strings with other strings, but I see little of
>>> this
>>> in dynamic array functionality. What am I missing ?
>>
>> std.string
>> std.algorithm
>
> I do not see a std.algorithm in the D 1.0 Phobos docuemntation.

That's because D1 doesn't have it. Janice tends to be a bit more
D2-oriented...

There's a port of D2 std.algorithm (and other D2 Phobos modules)
available from <http://www.dsource.org/projects/std2>, but it's based on
an older version (2.008) of Phobos. I have no idea if this is
substantially different from the current D2 Phobos.
It might be worth checking out if you need the stuff it contains.