Simple JFace program takes 800 obj files compiled in ( was Re:

yidabu yidabu.spam at gmail.com
Mon May 12 14:53:38 PDT 2008

On Mon, 12 May 2008 10:59:21 -0400
Pragma <eric.t.anderton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Frank Benoit Wrote:
>
> > yidabu schrieb:
> > > I use dsss to build a simple jface program (just one module), it takes more than 800 obj files (modules), the executable size is 15 MB. ( dwt-win svn, dwt-addons svn).
> > >
> > > Does all 800 modules must compile in the simple jface program ?
> > >
> > > btw, seems impossible to build a jface program by dmd directly.
> > >

> > You will need a response file to pass the arguements to DMD. The windows
> > comand line is restricted to 8192 characters. The build tools like
> > DSSS/bud should do this by default.
>
> Also, if you opt to not to link in the DWT library, and use the DWT sources directly, rebuild/bud should mange the .obj dependencies for you.  That should result in a smaller executable size, at the cost of a longer compile.
>
> - Pragma

I link in the dwt.lib and dwtx.lib (added to sc.ini), to build ApplicationWindow based jface program by dmd directly:
dmd test.d -L/SUBSYSTEM:windows:5

test.exe cause unhandled runtime exception:
tango.core.Exception.IllegalElementException: Attempt to include invalid key _in Collection

--
yidabu <yidabu.spam at gmail.com>
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dwin

D 语言-中文(D Chinese):