safer casts - take II

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 14:00:27 PDT 2008

Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Yigal Chripun, el 13 de mayo a las 15:58 me escribiste:
>> since the other thread got completely off-topic and lost any connection
>> to the original discussion, here's a new clean thread, that will
>
> It's generally a better idea to keep the original thread topic and start a
> new one with the new topic, because this way you have the (already
> polluted) "safer casts" thread splitted in 2 threads, making even more
> difficult to follow it.

come on, that's just hindsight.
I agree of course that one thread for the topic is better than two, but
since we are already in a situation with a thread that contains about
170 posts most of which are off topic, a new clearly named thread
("safer cast -take II" clearly suggests what the content is IMO) is
better than just continue posting in the older thread. what else do you
want me to do?? Go back in time and repost in a different thread??

since we already have one polluted (huge) thread I do not wish to
discuss this here further, if you want, you can mail me personally and
continue this discussion there  (although i don't see a reason to do this)

now, back on topic! what's your opinion on the proposal? please share
your thoughts for the betterment of the D community.

--Yigal