What you use D for?

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Thu May 15 18:16:12 PDT 2008

Dave wrote:
> This is a perfect example of how the open-source mentality stifles
> innovation - small development organizations can't make a buck off of
> software anymore, so why take the time to do it right

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you point. Are you saying?:

- Open source developers make products that are good enough such that
small development houses can't compete? How does that "stifle innovation"?

- Open source developers are not innovative or are "doing it wrong", but
because their products are often made available for free, people and
companies aren't willing to look into commercial options?

- Something else...?