C++ vs Lisp

Dee Girl deegirl at noreply.com
Sat May 17 13:32:45 PDT 2008

bearophile Wrote:

> Walter Bright:
> > An oldie, but some very thought provoking observations on what makes a
> > language productive:
> > http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~irenelg/courses/330/CTM/Resources/C++-vs-Lisp.txt
>
> Dear Walter, take a look at my libs, they are much better than the EasySTL he talks about:
> http://www.fantascienza.net/leonardo/so/libs_d.zip

You have send these libraries earlier to me. Thank you for that! It looks interesting. But one problem is you use delegates. They are much slower than alias. I measured 3 - 5 times slower depending on task.

Another problem is simpler. The documentation is hard. Why you put a zip file on web and inside it has html files? It should be inverse. It would be good to put html pages on the web. Also there is no link in the html files. It is hard to understand what library is doing. I am sure the library is good. But package looks bad ^_^ Thank you, Dee Girl