Why we chose not to use D for our Linux project

Chris R. Miller lordSaurontheGreat at gmail.com
Tue May 20 15:42:12 PDT 2008

Ty Tower Wrote:

> Lars Ivar Igesund Wrote:
> > > Don't start on me ! I am
> > > still here and contributing with posts wherever I see stupidity,
> >
> > Contributing more stupidity?
>
> Now you see Lars here be your way, and your error.
> Attack the messenger and ignore the message
> We all fall into it from time to time but you do it regularly whenever someone says anything negative.
>
> What happens then is no-one dare give you a message for fear of ridicule and being on your high horse you influence others with your view .
> So if its OK for you to do it ,it will be acceptable for others and this permeates down to other forum members and nothing gets fixed
>
> This is how it is with D now . You could fix it simply by a small change to  your approach and attitude. If you assume directness is rudeness you are very wrong.

I wise man speaks of what he sees.  The easiest approach to communication in a newsgroup, forum, or mailing list is a simple loop:

1) State what you see.
2) State what you think.
3) (optional) State what you ****think**** should change.
4) Goto: 1

Ty sees a resistence to change.  He thinks that this is making D a harder language for new people to get into.  He thinks that people should start taking criticism less personally and more like contstructive criticism.

I see no reason for animosity here.