Does D (DMD/Win) use ES, FS & GS for anything?

Me Here p9e883002 at sneakemail.com
Wed May 21 21:36:48 PDT 2008

Sean Kelly wrote:

> In general, I think following the x86 C ABI is the best approach insofar as
> register allocation and such is concerned.  I don't have the link handy, but
> I believe it was published by Sun.

I don't suppose I could impose on you for a few more clues as to what you are
remembering?

Every search I've done looking for x86 ABI (with or without C and/or Sun) is
turning up the
AMD64 ABI...which doesn't seem to applicable to what I'm trying to do.

(It may in the future if I ever try to code for 64-bit, but what I'm working on
is so machine wordsize specific that everything will have to change anyway).

Thanks for any and all latent memory pointers you can provide :)

b.