Anybody tried to get tango working with GDC under windows?

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Fri May 30 12:00:40 PDT 2008

Marius Muja wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been using gdc under linux for my project and now I'm trying to
> port it to windows. I'm using tango and there seems to be no tango
> distribution for windows that uses the gdc compiler
> (gdcwin.sourceforge.net). Are there any issues with using tango with gdc
> under windows?
> I tried using dmd, but the performance of the generated code is about
> twice as slow. More than that, my project contains matlab bindings (a
> mex file) and the mex compiler didn't seem to like the object file
> generated by dmd (I guess I'd have to configure mex to use dmc instead
> of visual c++, which I don't know how easy it is to do).
>
> Thanks,
> Marius

Hi Marius,

I've been trying to find someone to test this for us, but there is no full
distribution. Apparently it is rather difficult to get GDC on windows right
due to the GCC versions available through Mingw. Cygwin is probably easier
(maybe GDC is readily available there?) but may not be what you need,
especially not if performance is your thing.

When GDC is ready though, I believe Tango should mostly work. There is an
old unapplied patch in our patches dir that may be of relevance, but
apparently it mostly fixed GDC ... If you try it out, I'd love to hear your
experiences and eventual patches / bug reports.

Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net
DSource, #d.tango & #D: larsivi
Dancing the Tango