Escape analysis (full scope analysis proposal)

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Nov 1 09:20:44 PDT 2008

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> I think everyone who thinks a scope decoration proposal is going to 1) solve
> all scope escape issues and 2) be easy to use is dreaming :P

I think that's a fair assessment. One suggestion I made Walter is to
only allow and implement the scope storage class for delegates, which
simply means the callee will not squirrel away a pointer to delegate.
That would allow us to solve the closure issue and for now sleep some
more on the other issues.

Andrei