partial class

Julio César Carrascal Urquijo jcarrascal at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 15:34:46 PDT 2008

Hello Christopher,

> Model / view / presenter?
> http://martinfowler.com/eaaDev/SupervisingPresenter.html
> I'm not sure what you mean by "avoid several round trips over a slow
> network" -- having one extra class won't force that. It's the
> difference between your view generating a partial request and your
> view generating a complete request (and perhaps submitting it at the
> same time). You'd have the exact same approach with partial classes as
> with multiple classes.

This section of the system is a rewrite of and older system where multiple
classes where used to send partial messages. I used this pattern to aggregate
messages in one SOAP envelop.

You are right that multiple classes doesn't imply multiple messages but putting
all calls on one class surely helps making sure those messages are aggregated.
The downside is of course the class grows pretty rapidly but thats where
partial classes come into play :D

My point with the example is that Facade pattern benefits from "partial"
because the point of the pattern is to provide a coarse grained interface
to the client.