C++, D: Dinosaurs?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Nov 2 13:26:28 PST 2008

"Clay Smith" <clayasaurus at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:gej5nr$13jd$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Tony wrote:
>> Someone has to ask the obvious question! (The question is in the subject
>> of this post).
>>
>> Tony
>
> Technically, I'd consider C++ to be undead. Old, ugly, its zombie rotting
> flesh never seems to die. It lives by eating the brains of C programmers.
>
> ~ Clay

Funny you mention that, the analogies I normally think of for C++ are either
a 120+ year-old on life support or, as you said, the living dead. It's long
past it's time, but people just won't let it finally rest (probably because,
aside from D, there's no modern language that's a suitable replacement for
C++ in *all* of C++'s use-cases. C# and Java, for instance, are only partial
replacements. They can handle many of C++'s uses, but not all.)