C++, D: Dinosaurs?

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 00:06:22 PST 2008

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "bearophile" <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote in message
> news:geo736$15ic$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Robert Fraser:
>>> Write your web frontend & backend in .NET. Throw in a little LINQ-to-SQL
>>>   and you don't even need SQL. (The official website ihas been down
>>> since September... I assume they're productizing it).
>> Is this relevant?
>> http://ayende.com/Blog/archive/2008/10/31/microsoft-kills-linq-to-sql.aspx
>>
>> Bye,
>> bearophile
>
> Funny, the people complaining about LINQ being killed sound exactly like me
> whenever I explain my reluctance to buy a 360 after having MS blatantly
> abandon my XBox 1 (By constrast, Sony still supports their PS2. But I liked
> my XBox 1 better.)

That's all business concerns. More people still have PS2s than PS3s, so
  it's in Sony's best interest to continue to support the PS2. The same
is not true of the XBOX.

I didn't know they killed LINQ to SQL, but I guess they didn't kill LINQ
in general, so they probably have (or are going to have) a new tech to
replace it. I don't know hoe the Entity Data Model interacts with LINQ,
but I'd assume that's the "next big thing".