null and type safety

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Nov 4 15:40:58 PST 2008

Jarrett Billingsley:
> Have you looked at Delight at all?

Beside the topic of nullable types you are discussing about, Delight's look is designed to appeal mostly to Python programmers (despite being just D2, a little sugared), and/or to people that care a lot about having a clean(er) syntax, so C/C++ programmers may be less interested...

If Delight becomes refined and debugged enough, I hope to see it bundled by default with the LDC compiler, as well as Tango, a GUI toolkit like GTK for D, and few other goodies, like an editor/almost-IDE. I think it can become a way to "sell" D2 to other kind of programmers.

Bye,
bearophile