Is D ready for production?

David Ferenczi raggae at ferenczi.net
Wed Nov 5 11:20:19 PST 2008

My next project woud be a cross-paltform application (Linux and Windows)
with intensive database and GUI usage.

My preferred language would be D, but there are no QT bindings for D, and
my preference for the whole GUI and database handling would be QT.

What is your experience with GUI and database libraries in D? Could you use
them effectively for production?

Another issue with D, that there is no compiler, which complies with the D
language standard. I work on a small freetime project in D, where the
libraries are not an issue, since I need only Phobos, but I'm steadily
struggling with compiler issues, and imperfect tooling. (I tend to use the
killer features of D, but I often have to face with workarounds,
segmentation faults, etc.)

What do you recommend? Should I go for Java + QT? Or try to get over the
issues of D? Could you effectively manage the above problems of D?

Thanks,
David