How does D improve design practices over C++?

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Thu Nov 6 21:18:45 PST 2008

Christopher Wright wrote:
> The code you need to write for a unittest is a lot smaller for D's
> builtin unittests than for any other testing system I've seen. That's
> the only category in which D's unittests win.

Oh, I fully agree that D's unittests are not an advanced or
comprehensive framework for unit testing. But D's builtin ones have a
huge advantage - they are built in. That seems to make an awful lot of
difference in encouraging the writing of unit tests, whereas most C/C++
projects I've run across have no unit tests at all. I know that unit
tests have made for a big improvement in the quality of Phobos.