How does D improve design practices over C++?

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Fri Nov 7 12:18:28 PST 2008

Tony wrote:

> I have designed/coded for months without ever pressing the compile button.
> Some programmers use the compiler in a very iterative way: using it as a
> debugger is bad practice.
>
> Tony

You are either greatly mis-representing that situation, or that simply
is, like superdan said, bullshit.

Was the code in C/C++?
Was there really no compile information, or did you get syntax or
semantic errors from a tool other than the compiler, like the IDE/editor?
That "for months" of yours translates to how much actual time? Was it
several hours a day (4-8 hours) like in a job, or were you talking more
like a hobbyists 30 mins per weekend?

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Developer, MSc. in CS/E graduate