C++ traps that D2 doesn't avoid yet?

Janderson ask at me.com
Sun Nov 9 11:38:19 PST 2008

ore-sama wrote:
> Janderson Wrote:
>
>> I spend most of my time debugging and integrating with other
>> peoples code.  It's more difficult to spot a bug that someone else wrote.
>>
> Millions of lines by novice programmers? I heard. Nothing will save you. :3

:)

Everyone who is better then me is an expert everyone who is below me is
a novice.  One day everyone but me will be a novice :)

>> however when you hit the run button the AI
>> appears to take on a life of its own.
>
> Souldn't it do so?

:)

The point was that AI can be very complex when you add all the bits and
pieces together.  In a game you want the AI to look intelligent but also
make the game fun.  Sometimes these to ideals don't meet.

-Joel