Some people to convert jdo2.2 to d ?

Aarti_pl aarti at interia.pl
Wed Nov 12 05:55:43 PST 2008

dolive pisze:
> Lars Kyllingstad Đ´ľ˝:
>
>> dolive wrote:
>>> dolive Đ´ľ˝:

>>> Nobody wants to do?
>>>
>>> d language very powerful, but unfortunately, at present is missing a good database projectĄŁ
>> There is DDBI, but I don't know if this is what you are looking for.
>>
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/ddbi
>>
>> -Lars
>

> the ddbi progress is too really slow, difficult to look forward toĄŁ
> data nucleus is more high-level like Hibernate.

...and this high-level design is IMHO mistake. Especially mapping
relations from db to objects.

Well maybe someone will give me examples where domain objects are more
useful than relations? From my observations presentation layer (GUI) is
also relational, so I don't see a sense with making conversions:
relation -> object -> relation.

I am working on db access framework which makes use of relations rather
than creating objects. And it makes it in typesafe way...

BR
Marcin Kuszczak
(aarti_pl)