How much time will D1 be around?

Peter Venkman ptr.venkman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 07:43:03 PST 2008

Bill Baxter Wrote:
> I plan to move to D2 at some point after DWT supports it.  Which means
> as soon as DWT and Tango support it.

For me -as a total newbie to D- library support is the key. I've just started on a new project with D and thought D2 would be the way to go, but after seeing the lack of support from Tango, DWT and other libraries decided I would be better off with D1.

So, for me the question would be, when will D2 support come to existing libraries -at least the most popular ones-?

I ask this with the innocence and lack of knowledge of the D community of a newbie, so any explanation, idea or pointer will be appreciated.