exe file size

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 22:55:28 PST 2008

Hello Bill,

> I think the build time of dwt apps is a much bigger issue right now
> than the size of exes.  The size of exes can be reduced using hacks
> like upx, but there is no fix for the long build times as far as I
> know.
>
> --bb

Totally agree.  The size is just an annoyance.  But currently the build times
are pretty bad.  Recently, I've been frustrating over this especially while
working on the Browser port.  Everytime I want to test a fix, I have to recompile...
which takes ages.  This seems to be partly due to the dsss dependency (recent
version is sloooow).  I've been thinking of adding some sort of shell script
or "make" file to see if this can be improved... at least for sanities' sake.
:-(

-JJR