I am dying and fuking hate it

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 18:13:31 PST 2008

== Quote from BCS (ao at pathlink.com)'s article
> Reply to Christopher,
> > I sympathize with your dislike of proselytizing. If someone wants
> > to convert, they probably know where to get more information
> > on how to do so.
> I agree that trying to *force* religion on anyone is wrong. However, inviting
> someone to explore it (and that's all I saw) is not.
> > mentioning religion in a forum such as this is an
> > invitation for a flame war
> Oddly, here it doesn't tend to become a flame war, just one of The Epic OT
> Debates. (requiter plug for a digitalmars.ot NG)

I think part of the problem is that most educated people from, say, the U.S., and
most of the Muslim world, are a bit ticked off about the way religion is mixed
with politics in their countries.  I believe that some have come to see religion
as a "mistreat women, gays, people with unconventional lifestyles, etc. because
God says so" club.  While frustration at people who abuse their religion to
justify intolerant political policies is understandable, it's a shame when this
frustration is taken out on *all* religion.