I am dying and ****** hate it

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Nov 16 21:37:36 PST 2008

"John Reimer" <terminal.node at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:28b70f8ce3c28cb162db563ba40 at news.digitalmars.com...
> Hello BCS,
>
>> Reply to Christopher,
>>
>>> I sympathize with your dislike of proselytizing. If someone wants
>>> to convert, they probably know where to get more information
>>> on how to do so.
>> I agree that trying to *force* religion on anyone is wrong. However,
>> inviting someone to explore it (and that's all I saw) is not.
>>

> Perhaps the OP is getting a real kick out of this discussion already. ;-)
>
> Here's my "little" analysis of the situation.  It's full of speculation
> and philosophizing and no proselytizing! ;)  Coming from me, most of you
> know what to expect, so take it or leave it.  I tried to be as circumspect
> as possible. :)
>
> The OP was doing one of three things:
>
> (1) was drunk and posted to the newsgroup in an unhappy state (Not a joke!
> This could happen)
> (2) was an alias hijacker hoping to incite debate for "no good reason" but
> to watch some fireworks
> (3) was trully seeking help

I thought the same things. But I'm a bit...weird...and also had a fourth:
(4) was in the middle of a failing stand-up comedy routine. (hey, it could
happen! ok, maybe not...)

Also, I know I probably shouldn't, but I'm going to have to take the
reference to methods of religious conversion as an opportunity to point out
the way that I..."found Jesus": http://www.normalbobsmith.com/findjesus/  (I
don't think it would be offensive to anyone religious or otherwise, it seems
good-natured enough. Apologies if you are offended.) After all, it's not
like I'll ever find a more relevant opportunity to link to that on a
programming language newsgroup.

Sorry I don't have anything more constructive (or at all constructive) to
add to this conversation... :(