dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 15:54:28 PST 2008

== Quote from bearophile (bearophileHUGS at lycos.com)'s article
> D is a fringe language, and it's not an easy one (system language and all that),
so there's never shortage of unusual people in this newsgroup :-)
> Java groups are so boooring compared to this one :-)
> Bear hugs,
> bearophile

Do people seriously consider D a "difficult" language?  Given that it has garbage
collection out of the box, builtin arrays, etc. I would have guessed that most
people only consider it to be of moderate difficulty.  Yes, you *can* do
down-and-dirty programming with pointers, manual memory management, etc. in it,
but you don't *have to* unless the nature of your problem domain would require it
no matter what the language.