bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Nov 21 02:12:41 PST 2008

Lars Ivar Igesund:
> It must be stated that "cleaner" is in the eye of the beholder - IMO Python does _not_ produce cleaner programs. It is harder to say how the implicitly statically typed stuff of ShedSkin affects mantainability, but I guess one could expect/hope for it to be better than normal Python.<

Oh, sorry, I have forgotten to add something in my post: In the end I don't like ShedSkin much, because it used a huge amount of type inference, this makes it slow, and maybe not scalable to programs larger than few thousand lines. (So I like statically both typed languages and dynamically typed ones, and ones with quick and smart type inferencing, but I don't like the heavy type inferencing of ShedSkin).

Note that ShedSkin programs are quite less mantainable (and less safe) than Python ones.

So I was talking about something more like Boo (that is mostly statically typed).

Bye,
bearophile