Matrix mul

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Sat Nov 22 19:25:00 PST 2008

Reply to bearophile,

> Bill Baxter Wrote:
>
>> I haven't done any benchmarks, though. :-)
>>
> I see. But using something because it's supposed to be faster without
> performing actual performance comparisons looks a little strange to me
> :-)

BLAS may well be the most tested, optimized and benchmarked code in the world.
It is highly unlikely that anything will be faster on hardwhere anyone is
likely to run across. Given that the vast bulk of super computer time is
spent on matrix math, it should be fair to say that BLAS is probably the
most executed code on the planet.