Unification and extension of compile-time reflection

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Tue Nov 25 02:56:22 PST 2008

Don wrote:

> And since Object now contains a factory method, there's considerable
> potential for deep unification.

Except that factory is a very bad name to use in D. Considering D's property syntax, factory will imply that you get an instance of some factory. Methods in D doing something should be verbs, and this is even more important for official API's. I suggest create.

Although I don't agree with putting a wrapper for ClassInfo.create in Object just for the sake of it, in the first place :P

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net