Improve search in digitalmars.com/d (Was: foreach)

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 05:26:42 PST 2008

"Ary Borenszweig" wrote
> Umm... I didn't mean to sound rude or anything. Unfortunately, when
> someone doesn't speak in its native language, he tends to sound rude.
>
> Does anyone else have problems with the search box in digitalmars.com/d ?

I never use it.  Simply because I only ever go on DM to look at the spec,
and at bugs (which have their own search box).  For the spec, it's generally
more fruitful to click on each page, then use my browser search to find the
item I want.  If I use the search box, it gives me a billion results from
the newsgroups.

If the search box could be focused at specific parts of DM, I might start
using it.  I'd split it into:

Newsgroups
D1 spec
D1 phobos
D2 spec
D2 phobos
Articles
Everything else

With checkboxes for each so I can specify combinations if I want.

And BTW, you don't sound rude ;)

-Steve