Treating the abusive unsigned syndrome

Simen Kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 17:48:28 PST 2008

The more I read about this, the more I am convinced that removing the
following
- implicit int <-> uint conversion
- uint - uint (not 100% sure about this)
- mixed int / uint arithmetic
As well as changing array.length to int, would remove most problems.

If you desperately need a > 2^31 element array, having to roll your own is
not the main problem.

The fact that the type of uint - uint could be int or uint depending on
what the programmer wants, tells me that the programmer should be tasked
with informing the compiler what he really wants - i.e. cast.

--
Simen