D2 module(system) or module(safe)?

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 18:40:59 PST 2008

D 2.021 changelog says:
Added -safe switch and module(system) Identifier; syntax.

But documentation[1] says:

Safe Modules

Safe modules are modules marked as safe by the (safe) appearing in the
ModuleDeclaration. Safe modules are assumed to correctly implement a safe
memory model, and are not checked by the compiler for such even if
directed to.

Trying an example using module (safe) I get:
test.d(2): (safe) expected, not safe

=/

module (system) works, so I guess the documentation is just outdated, as
well as the compiler error message.

Is the -safe flag supposed to work? How?

[1] http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/module.html