exe file size

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 08:06:10 PST 2008

Hello Robert,

> John Reimer wrote:
>
>> Hello Robert,
>>
>>> Thanks for introducing me to coLinux! Sadly, no 64-bit support yet,
>>> otherwise I would be installing it as I write this. That's a very
>>> awesome project.
>>>
>> Yep, no problem.  I don't know if 64-bit is in the pipe for colinux,
>> but that would certainly make it more awesome for sure :-). Probably
>> something to keep one's eye on.
>>
>> The only slight frustration right now for me is that I failed to get
>> eclipse 3.4 working, so I can't put descent to good use. ;)
>> I don't know what the problem is, but it might have something to do
>> with
>> my Java configuration.  Oh well.
>> -JJR
>>
> It's impossible to run Eclipse under Windows and save to the linux
> drive (mounted under Windows, obviously)?

Hmm... Actually, it should be possible in a different way.  During the install,
colinux gets you to choose a windows directory to mount so that you have
direct access (both read and write, if you want) from within colinux.  Kind
of the opposite of what you are suggesting, but maybe I can make use of that
somehow (although, I'm not sure linux will like building a project from the
mounted ntfs partition).

Even if I could access the linux partition directly, though, I'm not sure
it would be very safe to have write access to an ext3-fs from windows.

I'll have to think about this one.  Would be nice if I could just get Eclipse
working.  :-)  In the meantime, it's easy enough just to use some other editor
(gedit for now) along with the commandline.

-JJR