Pure functions in D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Oct 2 14:54:56 PDT 2008

renoX:
> Sure, D should have monads as soon as Haskell programmers are able to
> explain this concept to 'normal' programmers (and no cheating such as
> the classical handwaving, this is a way to wrap side effects..)
> So probably never then.

You can try reading this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monad_(functional_programming)

If D wants to add some functional-style features to itself, then I think D programmers have to learn some functional-style idioms and style, otherwise those changes/additions D become useless. Do you agree?
On the other hand I presume many D programmers know some functional programming, from Haskell, Scheme, or even Python...

Bye,
bearophile