D submission for c't programming contest gets special mention

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 21:22:35 PDT 2008

Some time ago someone wrote to this newsgroup that the German magazine c't
was hosting a programming contest. I decided to participate using the D
language, and my submission got the 17th place. I could have done a lot
better, but due to poor time management on my behalf I left myself only
one week for the bulk of programming.

Today a friend of mine found the article in the magazine and scanned it
for me:

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/1051/ctarticlepage1lq8.jpg
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7448/ctarticlepage2kq8.jpg

I can't post an exact translation as I don't speak German myself, but I
was told that the editors found the unique behavior of my bot - flying
around the screen while narrowly dodging obstacles - quite amusing to
watch :)

The source code for the submissions can be downloaded here:
http://www.heise.de/ct/creativ/08/02/ergebnisse/

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                          mailto:thecybershadow at gmail.com