Positive

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 4 19:55:32 PDT 2008

"Andrei Alexandrescu" wrote
> (Background: Walter has kindly allowed ".()" as an alternative to the ugly
> "!()" for template argument specifications.)

:(

Another case of multiple syntax possibilities.  What was wrong with !() ?
I didn't consider it ugly at all.  In fact, I prefer it.

It's very alarming to me that something like this just has no problem
getting in the language without community feedback.

> Just a quick question - I am feeling an increasing desire to add a
> template called Positive to std.typecons. Then Positive.(real) would
> restrict its values to only positive real numbers etc.

I wouldn't use it, if that helps at all.  Even if it was in Tango (i.e. not
just because I don't use Phobos).

-Steve