Positive

Alix Pexton alixD.TpextonNO at SPAMgmailD.Tcom
Sun Oct 5 07:34:56 PDT 2008

bearophile wrote:
> Having two ways to do the same thing is generally very bad. So what you suggest is acceptable only as a *replacement* for the old syntax.
>
> The ! is useful, because for me it means "instantiate real code from this template!", it's a command to do an action. While the dot syntax looks too much like method invocation and the like.
>
> So I too add my -1 vote to the dot syntax. I think we are about at -20 now, I presume you have had the (negative) answer from the community.
>
> And next time I suggest you to ask people first. In the design of a language I've seen it's very easy to add personal quirks.
>
> Regarding the font to use, I suggest you Inconsolata, it's free and it's the best looking I have seen so far:
> http://www.levien.com/type/myfonts/inconsolata.html
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Good programming fonts are hard to find, Vera which Andrei mentioned has
a really distinctive lower-case-L which in my opinion is one of the most
important features. The lower-case-L is inconsolata is still a little
too similar to the numeral-one.

A...