Positive

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sun Oct 5 07:44:03 PDT 2008

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

>> I'll just insert my usual "real is not a type, but an alias"...
>
> I thought it's a real type. No?

No, "real" is an alias for "largest hardware implemented floating point
size". So it can be anything from 64 to 80 to 96 to 128 bits in size...

I dubbed the two underlying IEEE types "extended" (80) and "quad" (128),
as in "*** precision" (just like single precision and double precision)

>> At least udouble is easier to understand than Positive.(double)
>
> The comparison was with Positive!(double). I'm Positive!

:-)

--anders