Positive

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Sun Oct 5 16:11:35 PDT 2008

Reply to Andrei,

> BCS wrote:
>
>> Reply to Andrei,
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> (Background: Walter has kindly allowed ".()" as an alternative to
>>> the ugly "!()" for template argument specifications.)
>>>
>> Just adding more gas to the fire... Please, Oh Please NO!!!
>>
>> I think the runtime/compiletime distinction is important, sort of for
>> the same reason that cast(T) is used (make things stand out, but Re
>> '!' not as a bad thing).
>>
> This has been discussed. Implicit function template instantiation and
> compile-time function evaluation have been successful partly because
> they unify the run-time and the compile-time realms.
>
> Andrei

Yes they are good because they unify the implementation of RT&CT but that's
not what I'm referring to. What I am liking is the disjunction between the
use of them. I want to be able to look at a block of code and see at a glance
that it will collapse to nothing in the executable or get put in as code
to get executed.