foo!(bar) ==> foo{bar}

superdan super at dan.org
Tue Oct 7 08:19:50 PDT 2008

Frank Benoit Wrote:

> Tomas Lindquist Olsen schrieb:
> > Walter Bright wrote:
> >> The foo.(bar) syntax seems to be sinking. The foo{bar} seems to be the
> >> most practical alternative. So, how about putting it in the next D2
> >> release on a trial basis, so people can try it out and see how it looks?
> >
> > I personally think it's a bad idea.
> >
> > I have a danish keyboard layout:
> >
> > { == AltGr+7
> > } == AltGr+0
> >
> > parenthesis are easier to type, as they just use shift.
> > This isn't really that big a problem, I already have to do it in other
> > places, but this is just one more... I actually like the current syntax
> > better though!
> >
> > Just my 2 cents on this bikeshed color!
>
> Same on a german keyboard. This is why I changed all my keyboards to
> US-English, because it is easier in C-like programming.

oh yeah? on my keyboard all chars come with cedilla umlaut three accents and the saint sign in angstrom. all at once. to type a normal char i have to press ctrl ctrl alt alt shift fn and keep my toes curled up. and when i was lil i had measles. and walked to school in waist deep snow. uphill both ways.