foo!(bar) ==> foo{bar}

Tiago Carvalho merlin3000 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 16:28:29 PDT 2008

"Alexander Pánek" <alexander.panek at brainsware.org> wrote in message
news:gcgom3$28pm$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Top posting is bad!

Ups... :/

> Tiago Carvalho wrote:
>> Not beeing a very active template programmer I find the @ version the
>> easiest on the eyes (since it appears there's no technical differences
>> from !() ). Both in template@( int, float ) and the single type
>> template at int suggested by Andre.
>
> But since !() is established and used for *years* now, I don’t see a point
> in changing it, just because something else might be easier on the eyes
> for some people.

I understand, I have been following the D development for a while now but
still not a very active D programmer, so it's easier for me to agree with
changes to the language.
I'm happy not to be in Walter's shoes since there's no right answer for
this, at least not one that I can see. But since it seems there's a strong
will to change the !() "standard"; in that case I like the @.