An inconvenient truth

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 07:03:47 PDT 2008

"Andrei Alexandrescu" wrote
> Denis Koroskin wrote:
>> On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 16:21:02 +0400, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Walter discovered a showstopper for the curls.
>>>
>>> class A : B
>>> {
>>> }
>>>

>>> Andrei
>>
>> This is sad .(
>>
>> So, what are we left with now? Does everything stay as is or are we still
>> looking @ alternatives?
>
> I hope we will find a good notation after all. I hope people's patience
> hasn't worn thin. One thing that I noticed in the recent discussion was
> that quite a few people, even among supporters of the status quo, admitted
> that the !() syntax feels a bit odd at least in the beginning.

As much as I felt odd about it in the beginning, I now feel that !() is the
best solution.  Simply because it works how we want and is already
implemented.

I'm actually kinda glad that {} doesn't work because I'd rather leave
everything the way it is ;)

P.S. I'm a little shocked that it took this long to see that obvious
counter-case :P

-Steve