Top 5

KennyTM~ kennytm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:25:47 PDT 2008

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Ok, per Aarti's suggestion: without speaking officially for Walter, let
> me ask this - what do you think are the top issues you'd like to see
> fixed in D?
>
> Andrei

1. Running speed. Especially for associative arrays. (Well that's not a
problem in the D Spec, but still...)
2. In the future don't overload meaning of some keyword (enum,
invariant) when better alternatives (define, immutable) are there.
3. AST Macros.
4. Return by reference.
5. Pure functions.

(Personally I'd also like to see a dmd port for Darwin (that includes
Mac OS X already), but since gdc and later (should) llvmdc also works I
guess this isn't very important.)