Top 5

Simen Kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 14:34:30 PDT 2008

Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

> Ok, per Aarti's suggestion: without speaking officially for Walter, let
> me ask this - what do you think are the top issues you'd like to see
> fixed in D?
>
> Andrei

Things to be fixed:
   Enum for manifest constants.
     Let us use alias or pure - or something completely different, as long
as it makes sense.
   Shared Phobos/Tango runtime.
     I have a dream that future D programmers will not be judged by the
name of their standard library but by the content of their programs.
   Forward references.
     This has bitten me several times, and I'd really like to get rid of it.

Things that I want:
   Reference return values.
     Think this is the top one at the moment.
   Multiple return values.
     Would be nice, but can be made to work atm.
   Real properties.
     As much as I love fiddling with templates to make my own properties
that try to do The Right Thing™, language support would be better.

--
Simen