Reference Tuples

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 18:49:36 PDT 2008

I'm trying to do some deep metaprogramming magic in D2, and an issue that I
can't seem to get around is that I can't find a way to get a tuple of
struct/class fields, or something similarly useful, with reference semantics.  Ex:

struct S {
    uint foo = 1;
}

void main() {
    S s;
    foreach(element; s.tupleof)
         element = 2;
    writeln(s.foo);  //Still 1.
}

The obvious thing, which I already tried was:

foreach(ref element; s.tupleof)  //Doesn't compile.

Is there a way to get a tuple representation of a class/struct such that I can
change the fields of the class/struct through the tuple representation, or
should I file this as an enhancement?