foo!(bar) ==> foo{bar}

Tiago Carvalho merlin3000 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 04:55:57 PDT 2008

"Bill Baxter" <wbaxter at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.43.1223425576.3087.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
>That's purely the bike shed effect.  Everyone is capable of suggesting
>a sequence of symbols to use.  Not as many are capable of making a
>strong argument either way about whether it should change or not.  So
>the suggestions about alternate syntax are mostly of the form "if'
>it's going to change then how about this?"

As I said, I don't have a lot o experience with templates, so my hability to
make suggestions is limited to visual improvements. In that case my
justification is as strong as it can be, for me @() looks better than !()
and both of them look better than {} since I automatically think of code
blocks when I see that.
It's not so much "if' it's going to change then how about this?" it's more
of "given the opportunity to change, I think this would be an improvement".

But as I said to Alexander it's easier for a non regular D programmer, like
me, to agree with modifications to the sintax.