Template instantiation syntax

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 22:07:59 PDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu
> Jason House wrote:
> Walter exaggerated when he said that "I'm working on" an emacs solution.
> I only said "I'm pretty sure it can be done". :o)

I think it should be doable too.  I feel like I've seen a mode that
did something similar before, but I can't quite recall.
There are definitely a variety of examples of distorting how text is
displayed, like folding-mode, or even the syntax colorization of
font-lock-mode.  Hexl-mode also does some trick to make each
2-character hex code act like a single character.  The input methods
for asian languages have to do a variety of funky stuff too.

Definitely seems doable.

--bb