Top 5

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Oct 11 13:45:51 PDT 2008

Benji Smith wrote:
> Sergey Gromov wrote:
>> Here's everything.  Sorry for a long post!  :D
>
> Sweet. Thanks!

[snip]
> Nice work Sergey and Andrei!

Thanks for all the work to you. The results are even better than I'd
expected.

> Do you think the Appender functionality should be in a template, or
> should it be built into the array implementation?

I wrote Appender with future extensibility in mind: any collection of
the future (list, deque...) can specialize Appender to append to them.
Then client code can transparently use Appender!C to append to any
collection C. Yum, I even used the new syntax :o).

> I still think the string *design* sucks though :)

I agree it could be done better.

Andrei